jeudi 8 août 2019

THE RESILIENT AND ELECTRIFYING OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN


Olivia Newton-John a accordé une interview au magazine LGBT OUT FRONT du Colorado ! Rien de bien nouveau entre les lignes .. mais c'est toujours agréable de savoir qu'elle va bien ...

On aimerait tellement lire qu'elle s'est remise devant un piano .. pour un éventuel projet musical .. mais ça ..




Thank you so much for taking the time to chat with me, Olivia! OUT FRONT is very excited for the opportunity to feature you.

Of course; my pleasure!

I would like to start off by chatting more about your memoir, Don’t Stop Believin’. Why did you want to write the book?

Well, it didn’t start off like I suddenly wanted to write it. What happened was, I heard that a movie about my life was wanting to be made in Australia, and you know, to cut to the chase, I wanted to write my version. The right version. I don’t know what they would have said. That was the inspiration, really.



What do you hope readers take away from the book?

I hope they are entertained and they feel motivated, and they feel positive things. That’s not why I wrote the book, but I truly hope they are entertained and feel something.

What was the writing process like for you? Did it energize you, or was it an exhausting process?

It was both. I worked with a wonderful woman who helped me and interviewed me, and we talked for hours. She wrote stuff down; then I would put it in my own words. It was a learning process; it was emotional; it was a journey, and it made me think about a few things I haven’t thought about in a while. But it was fun. So, it was a mixture of all those things.

And how did you come with the title Don’t Stop Believin’?

I have always loved that song, and John Farrar produced the album, and it built my career. I always thought it was such an inspiring lyric. It is one of the first songs I sang with lyrics like that, so positive, and consequently, I have done other albums and more kinds of those things. That song kept coming to my head, and I thought, what a perfect title for this book.



Your career spans more than five decades, so I am sure there are many moments that you will forever cherish. What are some of your favorite moments that you highlight and talk about in the book?

Throughout my career, the first thing that always comes to mind is singing at the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games with John Farnham. That was such an incredible experience and I was honored to walk out on that stage and see all those people. It was amazing.


Now, another big issue you talk about in the book is your health and battle with cancer. How are you doing these days?

I am doing really great! I am out of my home, shopping. That may sound like nothing to you, but when you have been through what I have, I mean, I had to learn to walk again. I am very grateful to be back in life and doing things. Do not take anything for granted.


I am so glad to hear that. I mean, at the beginning of the year, tabloids were saying you were basically on your deathbed and ready to cross over.

Yes, I saw that. I thought, it’s time to put this to bed. This is so stupid, and it was a very strange feeling to read that. I don’t know if you have ever read your own death, but it’s odd! [Laughs]. I needed to face this head on and put an end to it. It was stupid.

The tabloids can be quite a pain to deal with. So, is your cancer in full remission?

I don’t call it that. I try not to label things, but I am doing very well. I am living over it and winning over it. How does that sound?

Read more at https://www.outfrontmagazine.com/inthemag/the-resilient-and-electrifying-olivia-newton-john/ et en version digitale https://www.outfrontmagazine.com/digital-edition/august-07-2019-news-culture/

.
THE TODAY SHOW

.. qui revient sur la jolie déclaration de Hugh Jackman



.
MAGNETO

En italien, un survol de la prochaine vente des ses costumes emblématiques et sur le cancer qui la touche !

Aucun commentaire: