mercredi 7 août 2019

PODCAST

Olivia Newton-John on her cancer diagnosis, cannabis and selling that iconic Grease outfit



Over 200 items from Olivia Newton John's closet will be up for auction in November

Up until about 15 years ago, Olivia Newton-John was still touring in her iconic, black , skin-tight pants and leather jacket from Grease.

"My publicist said, 'I can't believe you got this out on the road with you. I think you should preserve them,'" the actress and singer told As It Happens guest host Rosemary Barton.

"And I hadn't really thought about it. I didn't believe that Grease would still be coveted after 40 years. I mean, it was just unbelievable."

Newton-John, 70, is putting her outfit from the 1978 movie musical, along with 200 other items from her long career and personal life, under the hammer at Julien's Auctions in Los Angeles in November, with proceeds going to the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre

"It has a purpose and people are going to enjoy it," Newton-John said. "I'll have a wonderful photo and it won't be sitting in a closet. So it all makes sense to me." ...

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1580034115714/



read more at https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-thursday-edition-1.5233062/olivia-newton-john-on-her-cancer-diagnosis-cannabis-and-selling-that-iconic-grease-outfit-1.5233066

Aucun commentaire: