jeudi 4 avril 2019

SHOWBIZZ

Don’t Stop Believin’: Olivia Newton-John talks about her new autobiography


It was very interesting to discover that in Olivia Newton-John’s autobiography Don’t Stop Believin’… she is an admirer of Doris Day. Olivia tried to portray Day in a film adaptation of the star’s life. Hence, it was a matter of “Que Sera Sera” and wasn’t meant to be.

Yet, the similarities between these two women are striking. Both are both extremely positive thinkers with a strong sense of strength, a remarkable talent for singing and a sensitivity and concern for animals. These two women are courageous in both their careers and personal lives.

In ONJ’s autobiography, Olivia keeps her grace and gratitude intact. Her thoroughly enjoyable sense of humor and her honesty as a cancer-thriver (her expression) at age 70 is a vivid look at her life so far. Her life story is one that speaks from the heart and she presented exactly “the right moment” to share it.

Showbiss: I really enjoyed your autobiography.

Olivia Newton-John: Oh, thank you!

Showbiss: Such life-affirming messages and a heck of a lot of fun and humor. So thank you for sharing it.

ONJ: Sure. (laughter)

Showbiss: No doubt. I couldn’t put it down. When did you start work on this? Not why but when?

ONJ: Oh gosh… let’s see, about a year and a half ago. I’m not good with time; in the last year or so.

Showbiss: At the beginning of your book, it’s about you and your singing partner and friend Pat Carroll. You use an expression… and I wanted to ask you how you would describe it? “A jolly dolly bird?”

ONJ: A jolly dolly bird. Yes.

Showbiss: What does that mean?

ONJ: Jolly is happy, right? A dolly bird in England at that time was with mini-skirts and boots and they were kind of glamourous. Kind of like the glamourous girls now. They were called “dolly birds.” That was just an English expression. So, “jolly dolly bird” was a happy, young person in cute clothing, I guess. (Laughter)

Showbiss: One of the other aspects in your book that gave me humor was when you were doing your animal awareness television show in Russia… and it was cold! Everywhere you went people were drinking vodka. That made me laugh.

ONJ: Yes. That was really true and I wasn’t much of a drinker. I was going through a divorce at that time. So vodka was a good idea. (Laughs)

Showbiss: Now when you talk about making Grease; there is Sandy #1 and Sandy #2.

ONJ: Right.

Showbiss: The way you analyze that… I have to ask you how you came upon this revelation. I think I know because of the difference but it amazed me in your writing that you didn’t think you were pretty or sexy or something.

ONJ: Yeah, I was concerned that I could pull it off. I don’t think I had a healthy lack of self-esteem. (Laughs) Which is probably a good thing. It was really fun when I got dressed and went out of the trailer and got that reaction. I was like “Whoa.” That’s interesting.


Read more at : http://showbiss.net/dont-stop-believin-olivia-newton-john-talks-about-her-new-autobiography/


.
Don't Stop Believin'

Nos amis anglais pourront écouter la jolie voix d'ONJ en mode audiobook le 30 mai prochain ! Et lire sa bio en mode KINDLE à la même date ! Via la plateforme Amazon !


https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dont-Stop-Believin-Olivia-Newton-John/dp/1982122242/ref=la_B005LW33YW_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1554377353&sr=1-1


.
MAGNETO

LOS ANGELES, CA. October 27, 1997: Actress/singer Olivia Newton-John at the premiere in Los Angeles of "Mad City" which stars John Travolta & Dustin Hoffman


Aucun commentaire: