vendredi 14 septembre 2018

OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN’S INSIDER GUIDE TO BYRON BAY



I FIRST FELL IN LOVE WITH THE BYRON BAY AREA MORE THAN 30 YEARS AGO…

Back when I bought a property in the hinterlands and it has become my Aussie home. My farm there is truly a place for me to have privacy and enjoy all of the things I love most about the Australian country: the wildlife and the bird song - I love the bird song!

My mum loved going there too, either with me, or my friend Gregg Cave, who I also co-own Gaia Retreat & Spa with. He was like another son to my mum.

I GO TO BYRON TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL…

My farm in the hinterland is a very private spot with gorgeous views, and tonnes of wildlife - from wallabies and frogs, to bats. I even have a platypus in the pond on my property.

I call it my “heart home”, which comes from the feeling I get when I’m in Australia.

The warmth and friendliness of the Aussies combine with the memories I’ve made since my family first moved to the country from England when I was four years old ... no matter where I am in the world, Australia will forever be my heart home.

FOR SHOPPING I HEAD TO…

Island Luxe in Byron Bay, Cactus Hill Project in Mullumbimby, and Bisque Interiors in Bangalow - I could go on, I have so many favourites. My friend, Gregg and I are shopaholics and that gives us some precious time together. Also, I’m a big fan of the many markets in the area - did I mention I love to shop?!

My favourite is the Bangalow Market and I really enjoy the ones at Nimbin too. There’s so many talented artisans there selling wonderful items - I always seem to find something to pick up while I’m there. There’s great music too and yummy local food, so I always grab a bite while I’m wandering around them. Again, its that laid back vibe that I love so much.

THE ENTIRE AREA IS A CENTRE FOR WELLNESS…

There’s a a lot of sacred places in the world, but Byron certainly shines brightly. Folklore has it that the whole area is sitting on a giant crystal, hence the incredible uplifting energy and healing properties it bestows.

It’s a centre for natural and alternative therapies - many of which I was able to provide these things for myself on my first journey with breast cancer in 1992. My dream was to have these treatments available for others, which led me the likes of yoga, oncological massage and acupuncture being incorporated in the offering of my Wellness Centre in Melbourne.

GAIA IS DEFINITELY MY LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN ON EARTH…

I go there normally two or three times each year and stay for a week or two during my visits home to Australia. It’s a very special place and I instantly unwind whenever I’m there. When I first arrive at Gaia I like to walk the entire property and feel this special land under my feet. It’s a great way to reconnect back with Mother Earth.

And then there’s the incredible treatments ... oh my! My husband, John, and I love our treatments, especially because we have more than 30 healers and therapists to choose from, each offering a variety of rituals. We bring our food in fresh every day from local farms and providers and much of it is from our own organic garden. Actually, Gaia was one of the forerunners of the paddock-to-plate concept.

We never really leave the property except to go to the beach, though we also love the nearby Crystal Castle, which is another incredible property. Of course, the beaches, rainforests and wildlife in the area have natural healing built in.

Read more at https://www.escape.com.au/australia/olivia-newtonjohns-insider-guide-to-byron-bay/news-story/75f9e53af6ccc0927ebdf905f7fc0659





.
Government’s $1m boost to regional Victoria cancer fight

OLIVIA Newton-John’s fight against cancer will get a boost, with the federal government to commit an extra $1 million to fight the disease in regional Australia.

OLIVIA Newton-John’s fight against cancer will get a boost, with the federal government to commit an extra $1 million to fight the disease in regional Australia.

Up to 60 northern Victoria and southern NSW patients will receive groundbreaking immunotherapy drugs, which boost the body’s natural defences to fight cancer, under the move by the Morrison Government.
The cash injection will expand a clinical trial into rare cancers being led by the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Research Institute to reach patients in regional areas.

The trial will focus on the rare gastrointestinal, neuroendocrine and genito-urinary cancers.

The trial expansion comes as Newton-John, who was last year diagnosed with cancer for the third time, prepares to lead the Wellness Walk and Research Run in Melbourne tomorrow. Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt will today announce the government’s investment.



Le gouvernement fédéral s'est engagé à donner un million de dollars supplémentaires pour lutter contre le Cancer en Australie régionale.

Jusqu'à 60 patients situés au nord de Victoria et au sud de la Nouvelle-Galles du Sud recevront des médicaments d'immunothérapie révolutionnaires, qui stimulent les défenses naturelles de l'organisme pour lutter contre le cancer, sous la houlette du gouvernement Morrison.
L'injection de fonds permettra aussi d'étendre un essai clinique sur les cancers rares mené par l'Institut de recherche sur le cancer Olivia Newton-John afin d'atteindre les patients de ces régions.
L'essai portera sur les cancers gastro-intestinaux, neuroendocriniens et génito-urinaires rares.

L'expansion du procès survient alors qu'Olivia Newton-John, qui avait été diagnostiqué un cancer pour la troisième fois l'année dernière, se prépare à diriger la Wellness Walk à Melbourne demain. Le ministre fédéral de la Santé, Greg Hunt, annoncera aujourd'hui l'investissement du gouvernement !

.
HEIN POURQUOI ?

Certes ça n'est plus un scoop ni inédit ...



Aucun commentaire: