lundi 28 décembre 2020

POTINS

 

I’ve found my singing voice again in cancer fightback, says Olivia 

Daily Express
28 Dec 2020 By James Desborough 


DAME Olivia Newton- John feared she would never sing again after the pandemic and her cancer struggle – but is now duetting with her daughter and launching another charity. 
The singer- songwriter kept away from work for most of 2020 but wants to raise funds for research into “kinder therapies” for cancer after using medicinal cannabis. 

The 72- year- old legend got back into music thanks to Australian star and pal Delta Goodrem offering her a festive single. It coincided with another song landing on Dame Olivia’s doormat. 

The actress, who has stage four metastatic breast cancer, admitted: “I haven’t sung for two years in public and I didn’t think I’d ever sing again. Then about a month ago, somebody just out of the blue sent me a song and it struck me. “It touched me greatly so I’m going to record it with my daughter which will be a wonderful experience.” 

She and daughter Chloe Lattanzi, 34, recorded You Have to Believe in 2015. The Grease star added: “We had a disco number one together but this is a very different kind of thing. 
“This song really lovely.” 




Dame Olivia was diagnosed with cancer in 1992 then had a secret fight with it is again in 2013 before her most recent diagnosis in 2017. 
She launched her foundation last week to help other sufferers. She added: “Now we can raise the funds to find the best scientists and researchers to do studies.” 

Speaking on Sirius XM, Dame Olivia was upbeat. She said: “I have a group of women that I stay in touch with who are going through metastatic breast cancer also. And I’d love to take that to a broader audience.” 

The singer, who has already founded the Cancer and Wellness Research Centre in Australia, also talked of losing close friend Kelly Preston, wife of her Grease co- star John Travolta, to breast cancer in July. 
She said: “It’s horrendous for the family. She’s a beautiful, radiant, lovely soul. I’m sending my love. 
“Losing so many friends as I have over the past few years, it’s really just strengthened my resolve to do this and start this foundation.” 






. 
NEW IDEA

.


 L'INSTA

Aucun commentaire: