dimanche 19 septembre 2021

LECTURE

 

ONJ’S BIRTHDAY GIFT

THE GENEROUS STAR IS GIVING BACK ON HER SPECIAL DAY



Olivia Newton-john is a true triple threat. A legend of the stage, charts and screen with four Grammy awards to her name, the Grease icon is one of the most successful recording artists in history.

These days, however, Olivia gets the most satisfaction from life’s simple pleasures.


This week, the beloved legend turns 73. And while many women of a similar age might bemoan the passing of time, given her brush with mortality – and her ongoing battle with an aggressive stage-four cancer – Olivia sees each birthday as a gift.


“Age is a number,” a beaming Olivia tells New Idea from her ranch in Santa Barbara, California. “It’s how you feel inside, and I feel like I’m 33 – just much wiser ! I guess when I was younger, I used to be focused on age a bit more, but life for me is wonderful so I have no complaints.

“I feel very blessed to have made it to 73, because when you are 37 looking up at 73, you can’t imagine getting there.


“Life can change in an instant, in a second. You can’t change the past and you can’t determine the future so the here and now is all you can focus on!”

Explaining that she always tries to live in the moment, Olivia says she chooses to find joy in getting older, as she understands just how precious it is.

“I am very grateful for my wonderful life and my career has been a dream

– I think I did OK. From this point on it’s just icing on my [birthday] cake!”


This year’s festivities are extra special, as they coincide with Olivia’s annual Walk For Wellness. The virtual event, which raises funds for the Olivia Newton-john Cancer Wellness & Research Centre, takes place on September

26, Olivia’s birthdate. Anyone can take part, regardless of where they are in the world.


“I thought how special it would be if we had the walk on my birthday, because three years ago I actually spent time as a patient at the centre on my 70th and got to experience the wellness programs firsthand.


“I know how vital they are to healing the whole person during a cancer journey. Walking with my family and friends to raise funds is just joy for me!”

After publicly battling breast cancer following a diagnosis almost 30 years ago – and undergoing nine months of debilitating chemo and surgeries, including a partial mastectomy and breast reconstruction – Olivia later made the decision to keep a second diagnosis (a tumour in her shoulder) to herself. 

However, she shocked the word in 2017 with the heartbreaking news that her cancer had reappeared for a third time – though this time it had spread to her bones.

Yet despite the blow, Olivia is remaining upbeat in the face of adversity and is determined to beat the

odds with an upbeat attitude.


“I truly believe it helps win over cancer or any challenge you are going through. Laughter also helps – I love laughing. Often at myself.”

Helping her maintain this ‘glass half full’ approach is her husband of 13 years, John

Easterling, and her cherished daughter, Chloe Lattanzi.

While she’s very much living in the present and feeling grateful for her peaceful life in California, Olivia admits that she is pining to return to her “heart home” of Australia.

“I miss my family and friends,” she says, sadly. “I haven’t been back since early 2020 when I was there to support Chloe during her run on Dancing with the Stars.

“This is the longest period of time that I have ever been away from Australia since I was a teenager. I’m disappointed I can’t be there now to see them, but I know one day soon we will be together and share a wonderful meal! ”






DANKE KAY ! 



HAPPY BIRTHDAY!





.

ONE WOMAN'S LIVE JOURNEY 


Album live d'ONJ enregistré les 26 & 27 aout 1999 au Trump Taj Mahal d'Atlantic City ! Sorti chez Festival Records en Australie un 19 septembre 2000 et chez Hip-O select pour les USA !



Aucun commentaire: