dimanche 21 février 2021

RETRO ARTICLE

 


OLIVIA
AS NICE
AS EVER


UNLIKE HER sturdier and younger 'Grease' co-star, Olivia Newton -John was only too happy to "make herself available" in London last week. 

As John Travolta defied reporters and paced the floor of his private suite at the Inn On The Park- in search of "peace and quiet' Olivia held bubbling. enthusiastic court at a press conference down stairs
 
And didn't she do well! Over two hours later she was still going  strong, only winding up when she was sure that everybody had got enough". 

She'd faced the Press en masse, . . and the press in threes. She'd. endearingly, addressed blushing reporters by their first names. 
She had been, all agreed afterwards, extremely nice and extremely pleasant. 

It takes a bit of getting used to. So off we go. Part two of The English Rose Returns'. High heels those famous black drainpipes and white jacket. 
A generously attractive application of make-up. And a lot of smile ... She begins by insisting that she's not fed up with the premieres ! -"I  wouldn't go if I didn't want to" - or indeed the movie, which she must have seen (as opposed to attending said premieres) more times than anybody. 
"No. I love it. I love it,' she counters. "It's my first movie. or the first I'm Counting that Is, and It's really exciting to me. 
"Maybe if it was a terrible film, or a flop, I'd be feeling the strain But since it's the biggest movie in America this year how can I be anything but thrilled?" 

You don't sometimes just want to be Jane Smith? What do you value now that you're rich and famous' "Still the same things - the important things. The more you have the more you realise that money isn't important, even though It can bring you lots of terrific things. I can have my animals and nice clothes but that's not really what counts, 
"Your friends become more important, and I've got a lot to catch up on over here." 

You're not becoming increasingly isolated ?  "It's a shame, but that's what comes with stardom. When you can't go places or go out anywhere because you'll get pestered. I don't travel with bodyguards though. I've got my secretary and that's It."

What about marriage and having children  "I think It will have to be before too long, As I get older I begin to think, time is running out ! You don't want to have kids when you are too old, or you can't cope, so I figure In the next five years It will happen. There are a lot of things I would like to accomplish first though - and at the moment my career is very demanding. 

"A movie like 'Grease' comes along once In a lifetime, but there are still things I want to do. I'm looking at other film parts although I haven't found the right one yet.
"I've been offered musicals, comedy and been straight acting - so we'll see what happens." 

And thus back to 'Grease'. You didn't have any trouble with the dancing parts in the film? 
Not at all ! We had three weeks rehearsal, There was about 20 minutes that you don't see In the film which got cut out, but it was great! 
That was when we were trying to look 'cool' and dancing In the gym and was nearly 110 degrees In there.

Olivia admitted to being very critical' of herself on screen. but was her most enthusiastic when talking about "her favourite bit",
"The end" she laughed "I was prim little Sandy for 2 1/2  months then one day I dressed up In the black gear and walked out onto the set  . and nobody knew who I was 
"I got such a come on from this crew I thought what am I doing wrong ? I should be doing this all the time ! I'm not really the goody t wo-shoes that everyone thinks I am.
You like yourself In that outfit at the end? But it's not really like you ? "You'd be surprised , Newton -John is 30 this year 

MIKE GARDNER & JOHN SHEARLAW

Record-Mirror-1978-09-23

 


L'ORIGINALE 


..... même si ONJ a sublimé cette chanson ... 




 

Aucun commentaire: