samedi 25 janvier 2020

OUR LIV'S BACK ON SONG

Sunday Mail

26 Jan 2020

OLIVIA Newton-John a révélé que ses tumeurs cancéreuses ont rétréci alors qu'elle se prépare à un retour sur scène...


OLIVIA Newton-John has revealed her cancer tumours have shrunk as she readies for a return to the stage.

The 71-year-old, whose breast cancer returned and spread to her lower back three years ago, has credited the use of medicinal cannabis and natural therapies for the dramatic turnaround.

“When people hear metastatic breast cancer or cancer there’s still this stigma that people don’t believe that you can recover – well you can,” Olivia says.

“There are ways. I know lots of people who have been given really terrible diagnoses who have done really well with the right treatment and they’re not always chemo and radiation, either.”

Olivia – made a Dame late last year – is returning to the stage for the first time since cancelling all touring plans after her diagnosis.

She will sing a duet with John Farnham at the Fire Fight Australia bushfire charity concert in Sydney on February 16. “I’ll probably be a bit nervous, it’s been a while,’’ she says.

The beloved singer revealed that the famous Grease jacket she auctioned last November for her Melbourne wellness centre would now be displayed there after being returned by the successful bidder – a tech billionaire who paid more than $350,000.

“He said to me: ‘Sometimes in life there’s things that belong to people. This shouldn’t be hanging in a billionaire’s closet. Therefore I’m giving it back to you’,’’ Olivia says. “I just thought: ‘Are you serious? Are you really doing this?’. It was such a kind, generous, unbelievable thing to do for me.”

Olivia is also Melbournebound to watch daughter Chloe Lattanzi perform on Dancing with the Stars. While here, she plans to continue her work lobbying the Morrison Government to legalise cannabis for medicinal use.

Her Cancer Wellness & Research Centre in Melbourne will trial medicinal cannabis this year.
“I’d love patients in Australia to have the capability of getting it when they need it,’’ Olivia says.

“Hopefully those studies will help with the government that seems to be a long way behind the rest of the world.

“My tumours are receding or they’re going away or they’re staying the same – on a Stage 4 metastatic breast cancer, that’s pretty amazing. “For me the proof is in the pudding and I’m the pudding.”





.
Hopelessly devoted to Australia

Singing star says everyone’s been touched by the tragedy of the fires, but good will come of it.

The Sunday Telegraph (Sydney)
26 Jan 2020

AUSTRALIANS have this amazing ability to rise above things and stick together.

I have been watching the coverage of the terrible bushfires from my home in California and it got to a point where I couldn’t watch it anymore. It’s too difficult to see people losing their homes and what has happened to the animals, it just broke my heart.

I know a lot of people have been suffering, I’ve heard about the smoke levels in the air. I’m coming home to Australia in a couple of weeks so I’ll get to see it for myself. I can’t even talk about the loss of animals, it makes me cry. I’m so grateful to all the zoos, Taronga Park and Australia Zoo, all the places taking in the koalas and the other animals who’ve been injured. Terri Irwin told me bats have been falling out of trees so they’re treating them.

It’s terrible, but there’s also been amazing things happening between humans and koalas that shows we’re all connected on this planet, animals and humans alike. That’s been very touching to watch.

The Australian spirit is definitely a real concept. Aussies have an amazing way of dealing with things and getting it done. The Australian spirit has always been amazing that way and this would challenge anyone. It’s always been “get on with it”. I saw a video of a farmer waterskiing in his paddock after a flash flood; I thought that was a perfect example of making something good out of something difficult.

It’s been incredible watching people donate to help the firefighters and help people rebuild. I saw Andrew Forrest gave that $70 million donation. Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman, the Minogues, Pink and people who’ve worked over there and love the country have been helping out, it’s been fantastic.

I’m so grateful to be a small part of giving back by playing the Fire Fight Australia concert in Sydney, where the music industry can do our bit. One of my friends wrote to me and said “Are they doing a fire relief concert?” I wrote to (promoter) Paul Dainty and he said he was already working on something so I said, “Obviously count me in.” I haven’t really performed in a couple of years, so I’m going to do a duet with Farnsey (John Farnham), he’s my favourite. That’s going to be fun.

There’s been a lot of international coverage of the bushfires. Almost every day someone asks me how it’s going in Australia? Asking are my friends OK? Just about every single friend of mine has written to me about it, it has reached so far. I’ve talked to my family a lot, and my best friend Gregg Cave, who runs our Gaia Retreat & Spa in Byron Bay — I’ve been getting a blow-by-blow. Everyone is so worried and concerned.

It hasn’t damped the Aussie spirit but it’s made people aware of what’s going on. People who weren’t aware of global warming and what’s happening on the planet, it’s hit home to them.

It’s tragic when bushfires happen anywhere, but Australia’s always been known for its beautiful wide open spaces and billions of animals. And that’s the tragedy, we’ve lost so much of that.

But it shows that we’re all one and we all need to help each other and be aware of this problem and do what we can to protect the species — our own species, as well as the animals.

It’s been a very scary time but there’s always good that comes out of bad.

This will wake people up. It’ll wake the Australian government up to making changes in their policies about fossil fuels and look into more natural options like solar and wind. Sadly, sometimes you have to get hit in the face to make change. I’m hoping that change happens. I imagine that the public will hopefully make their opinions known but everyone has been touched by this tragedy in some way.

I was going through my books and I found a book on the rainforests that I wrote a preface to about 30 years ago. It talks about exactly this, how we’re all connected and the burning of the rainforests. It’s been happening in Brazil. We’re losing a lot of the plants that could be the answer to our health. And what’s happening in Australia now is on an even bigger scale than the fires in Brazil, so we have to wake up. We can talk about all the plants and trees and animals we’ve lost but as humans we are the ones that are threatened, and maybe that’s just hit home. We’re going to cause our own downfall if we don’t wake up pretty quickly.





.
Olivia’s new lease on life
Star credits holisitc therapy to cancer recovery

The Sunday Times
26 Jan 2020
EXCLUSIVE CAMERON ADAMS




OLIVIA Newton-John has revealed her cancer tumours have shrunk as she readies for a return to the stage.

The 71-year-old, whose breast cancer returned and spread to her lower back three years ago, has credited the use of medicinal cannabis and natural therapies for the dramatic turnaround.

“When people hear metastatic breast cancer or cancer there’s still this stigma that people don’t believe that you can recover, well you can,” Newton-John said. “There are ways.

“I know lots of people who have been given really terrible diagnoses who have done really well with the right treatment and they’re not always chemo and radiation either.”

Newton-John — made a Dame late last year — is returning to the stage for the first time since cancelling all touring plans after her diagnosis. She will sing a duet with John Farnham at the Fire Fight Australia bushfire charity concert in Sydney on February 16.
“I’ll probably be a bit nervous, it’s been a while,’’ she said.

The beloved singer revealed the famous Grease jacket she auctioned last November for her Melbourne wellness centre would now be displayed there after the successful bidder — a tech billionaire who paid more than $350,000 — returned it.

“He said to me: ‘Sometimes in life there’s things that belong to people. This shouldn’t be hanging in a billionaires’ closet. Therefore I’m giving it back to you’,’’ Newton-John said.

“He wants to be anonymous at the moment so I can’t even say his name but he wants me to put it in the Wellness Centre for people to enjoy.”
Newton-John plans to continue her work lobbying the Federal Government to legalise cannabis for medicinal use.

Her Cancer and Wellness Centre will launch trials of medicinal cannabis this year.
“I’d love patients in Australia to have the capability of getting it when they need it,’’ Newton-John said.
“Hopefully those studies will help with the Government that seems to be a long way behind the rest of the world, well at least America.
“It’s been so incredible for me.

“If I hadn’t had the experience I’m having with cannabis I wouldn’t be able to talk about it.

“My tumours are receding or they’re going away or they’re staying the same, on a Stage 4 metastatic breast cancer – that’s pretty amazing.

“So I’m advocating for it and we’re helping a lot of people with it.
“For me the proof is in the pudding, and I’m the pudding.
“I believe a holistic combination of using everything that is available is the way to go for me.”

When people hear metastatic breast cancer or cancer there’s still this stigma that people don’t believe that you can recover, well you can



.
MUSIQUES




Aucun commentaire: