dimanche 17 mars 2019

CLIPPING

OLIVIA’S GRATEFUL MESSAGE

New Zealand Woman’s Weekly
18 Mar 2019


Despite needing to learn how to walk again, Olivia’s feeling good !

Grease superstar Olivia Newton-John has opened up in a new interview, dismissing reports from earlier this year that she was at death’s door.
The 70-year-old singer, who has been diagnosed with stage four breast cancer, has also revealed that she actually spent her big birthday receiving radiation treatment in hospital.
While taking part in a cancer walk for her Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre in Melbourne, Australia, she felt severe pain and discovered soon after that she had a fractured pelvis, a side effect of the weakening of her bones due to the cancer, which has spread to her sacrum.
Olivia says she was put on immediate bed rest to prevent any further fractures and had to learn how to walk again. “There were all these things I was going to do for my birthday,” she says. “But God had other plans.”
But in the new interview, she says that six months on from the break, she’s really on the mend. “I started on a walker, then a cane and now nothing!” The star has also assured fans that she is coming to grips with this latest form of the disease, which doctors say is incurable but can be managed. “I’m feeling good, getting stronger.”
Olivia believes that staying positive is incredibly important. “We’re all going to die,” she says. “I mean, that’s probably the hardest thing to accept as a human being, that we know that.
So I kind of consider I’ve had a gift of extra time. I’ve lost people younger than me, so I’m very grateful. I’m 70, and I’ve had the most amazing life.”

.
DAS NEUE



Un grand merci à Kay.

.

RETRO PHOTO


Avec Stevie Wonder en 1975

Aucun commentaire: