mardi 9 mai 2023

Olivia’s ‘gift to fans’ months after death

  • Daily Express
  • By James Desborough

  • ICONIC singer Olivia NewtonJohn is giving a “gift to fans” with the release of a new album nine months after her death.

    The Grease actress’s album, titled Just The Two Of Us – The Duets Collection Volume One, features unreleased recordings.

    Dolly Parton is one of the biggest stars on the 17-track album – out now – with a duet of Jolene.


    Other big names include Sir Cliff Richard (Suddenly), Mariah Carey (Hopelessly Devoted To You), Olivia’s daughter Chloe Lattanzi (Window In The Wall) and Grease co-star John Travolta (Take A Chance).


    Dolly, 77, said: “My first memory of Olivia was when her song Let Me Be There was a hit. I have loved her ever since.

    “I loved every moment that I got to spend with her.” Her last memory of Olivia is singing Jolene together. Dolly said she was “proud” to be part of the duet project.


    A video clip showed Olivia in the studio saying: “I’m excited. I’ve always wanted to work with Dolly.” Mariah, 54, said: “I dressed up as Bad Sandy [from Grease] for Halloween in 5th grade. Years later, THE Olivia Newton-John walked out onto my stage in Melbourne, Australia, and we sang our hearts out to Hopelessly Devoted To You. This is a moment I will never ever forget.” 


    Chloe, 37, said she always wanted to sing with her mother.

    She added: “I knew I wanted to record it, not only because it was with my mum but I felt the lyrics and message might help people see things from another perspective.”


    Last August, Olivia, 73, died after a 30-year battle with breast cancer. Her grieving husband businessman John Easterling announced the news online.


    Blake Davis, of Green Hill Productions, said: “When an artist has amassed a career spanning over 50 years, there are sometimes one or two memorable duets.

    “Olivia has been an exception to that rule. It was a lot of fun putting together this record. This was a project Olivia was excited about releasing and we think it will become an instant fan favourite.”


    .... sauf qu'Olivia avait en tête de sortir un double cd de duos pour le bonheur de ses fans ...






    Olivia’s ‘gift for her fans’


    AN Olivia Newton-John album will be released as a “gift for fans” nine months after her death.

    Just The Two Of Us – The Duets Collection Volume One will also feature stars including Dolly Parton, 77, Sir Cliff Richard, 82, Mariah Carey, 54, and John Travolta, 69.

    Dolly performs her hit Jolene with Olivia, who died last August aged 73.

    Dolly said: “We had many occasions that we got to share together, either backstage or on the same shows. I loved every moment I ever got to spend with her.”




     


    SUSPENDED IN TIME 


     revue et corrigée ....





    Aucun commentaire: