vendredi 30 octobre 2020

NEW PUBLISHING DEAL

Olivia Newton-John has signed a music publishing deal with Primary Wave, headed by CEO Larry Mestel. 
The company’s artists include Whitney Houston and Bob Marley. The move marks a new direction following her breast cancer battle. “This partnership … will not only help introduce my music to new generations … [but] also allow us to create wonderful projects and opportunities for my longtime fans — whilst also bringing new music,” she said.


Olivia Newton-John a signé un contrat d'édition musicale avec Primary Wave, dirigé par le PDG Larry Mestel. 

La société s'occupe d'artistes tel Whitney Houston ou Bob Marley. Cette décision marque une nouvelle direction après sa bataille contre le cancer du sein. «Ce partenariat… aidera non seulement à présenter ma musique aux nouvelles générations… [mais] nous permettra également de créer de merveilleux projets et opportunités pour mes fans de longue date - tout en apportant de la nouvelle musique», a-t-elle déclaré.

Saluons cette nouvelle collaboration qui espérons le, nous fera redécouvrir le background musical d'ONJ à travers des ré éditions ou des versions enrichies de ses précieux albums !! 



TOGETHER AGAIN ?? 

OK! (USA) 
9 Nov 2020 

 “John and Olivia had so much fun filming Grease, they’d do it all over again,” says an insider. 
We’ve got chills! John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, stars of 1978’s hallowed teen musical Grease, are dusting off their moves for the film’s hotly anticipated prequel. 

An insider reports that while rising stars will play younger versions of lead roles Danny and Sandy, John, 66, and Olivia, 72, are being courted to make showstopping cameos. 
“Producers want them for a big number where they sing and dance with their younger counterparts,” spills the insider. 
“It’s hammy, but it’s what fans have wanted to see for years.” 

The upbeat news comes three months after John’s wife, Kelly Preston, passed away, and after a breast cancer recurrence for Olivia, who’s since reported she’s doing “really good.” “Olivia’s role all depends on her health,” says the insider, “but John wants to do it if she does — it’ll be cathartic for him to get his mind on something positive.”



. 
I'M GRATEFUL FOR EVERY DAY THE BELOVED SINGER OPENS UP ABOUT HER HEALTH BATTLE, LENDING A HAND TO AN OLD FRIEND, AND HOW SHE ENVISIONS A WORLD FREE FROM CANCER 

Closer Weekly 
9 Nov 2020— Reporting by Katie Bruno 


She doesn’t ride anymore, but Olivia Newton-John takes delight in the miniature horses she keeps on her California ranch. Whenever she is feeling a little down, Harry and Winston, with their dark eyes, gentle nuzzles and sweet dispositions, boost her spirits. “I try to do something for myself every day that I love,” she tells Closer exclusively. 
“A lot of times it’s going down and seeing my horses or sitting out in the garden. I feel very grateful for all of that.” 
 
Taking pleasure in being alive has become essential for Olivia. The Australianreared star was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992 and thought she had defeated the disease twice, only to learn in 2017 that it had metastasized and spread to her bones. But thanks to her positive attitude and a combination of therapies, Olivia, 72, is thriving. “I’ve been through it so many times that it’s like, ‘Oh, here we go again,’” she reveals. “I have a sense of humor about it.” And if she does feel a case of the blues coming on, “I pull myself back and try and live in the moment, because the moment is all we have,” she says. 
“I’m extremely grateful — and enjoying everything.” The recent passing of Kelly Preston, the wife of her Grease co-star John Travolta, hit Olivia particularly hard. “I’ve lost too many friends to cancer. 
Kelly was such a beautiful, radiant, lovely woman,” says Olivia, who immediately sought out John, 66, and continues to offer him love and support. 
“It was an incredible tragedy.” The sanctuary of her California ranch has brought comfort during the pandemic. “I feel like I’ve been traveling and living out of a suitcase my whole life, so I’m just enjoying my time with my husband and animals,” shares Olivia, who’s also been indulging her artistic side by painting and doing a little redecorating. 
“Just having days where I don’t have to be somewhere has been amazing,” she says. “I watched a whole season come and go, which I don’t think I’ve done in one place before.”  

LOOKING FORWARD 

But Olivia has not been idle. She recently launched the Olivia Newton-John Foundation to explore alternative treatments for cancer — including cannabis, which she has been using since her husband John Easterling, 68, a longtime advocate of plant medicine, urged her to try it a few years ago. 
“He’s an expert — he grows it and makes me tinctures, which has helped me immensely with pain, inflammation, sleep and anxiety,” she explains. “Having had surgery, chemotherapy and radiation, [I think] it would be wonderful if we could find kinder ways of treating people with cancer.” 
 
On Nov. 30, Julien’s Auctions will begin accepting bids on 300 pieces of Olivia’s personal memorabilia to raise money for her foundation. “There’s music items I’ve signed, clothing and Zoom calls, so people can bid on having a chat with me,” explains Olivia. 

Overall, the singer has been feeling well, but she never takes a good day for granted and follows a strict regimen. “I take my vitamins, my herbs,” says the star, who also recently changed her diet. “I’ve been eating vegan for the last few months because my daughter [singer Chloe Lattanzi, 34,] is visiting me and she’s a vegan,” she says. “I’m feeling very good on it.” 

So good that Olivia has agreed to film a cameo role in a new movie scheduled to begin shooting in 2021. Acting and singing, however, aren’t her biggest ambitions these days. “I think I’ve accomplished everything I dreamt of and more,” admits Olivia, reflecting on her 50-year career. “Now I want to give back and find the answers to a world beyond cancer. That’s my dream.”

 Olivia and John are close with Chloe, and her fiancé, James Driskill. Olivia has one child, daughter Chloe Lattanzi, from her first marriage to actor Matt Lattanzi. Olivia “She was a beautiful light in the world,” says Olivia of her friend Kelly Preston.

Aucun commentaire: