lundi 1 janvier 2024

KAY'S MESSAGE

 Dear Olivia Fans.

It is with great regret that I have to announce that I have closed my YouTube channel after many years.

The development of the Internet motivated me to do this, as did the disrespectful behavior of some users (e.g. “La Leyenda”). Like Phillipe's great photos on his blog, my videos were copied, reproduced and re-uploaded to YouTube. Even Russian internet trolls copied my videos onto Eastern European websites under someone else's name.

On the one hand I cannot tolerate this and on the other hand I lack any understanding of such processes!

For me it is time to give room for new generations, because these days quality is no longer required, but rather quantity and short-lived entertainment. Two years ago I switched off all media from the Zuckerberg universe. Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp are no longer on my list. And that's good! I am not missing anything or contributing to Olivia Newton-John's legacy being tarnished, mocked and belittled.

It may be that I have become too old to keep up with all the current trends. As I'm slowly approaching 60, I no longer have to take part when “a new pig is driven through the village!”

I always stay connected to my long-time Olivia fan friends and still support Tosca, Philippe, Naoki and also Helen and Richard from “Only Olivia”.

I am endlessly grateful to you and many others. To date, my video collection has grown to almost 6400 clips!

My archive collection will eventually be sold to benefit Olivia’s Cancer Center in Melbourne.

But until then, I enjoy being a collector - although much less than before Olivia's death.

Everything has it's time. But time is a relative concept.

Kay

https://www.phenomenal-women.kaybohlen.de/olivia-newton-john





Aucun commentaire: