mercredi 23 février 2022

LECTURE

 

Sir Cliff Richard “Retiring is not in my vocabulary!”

At 81, Sir Cliff Richard has a lifetime of musical hits, film roles and more to reflect on. And he has no plans to stop making them any time soon.

When he was 12 years old, Sir Cliff Richard – then known as Harry Webb – sent a letter to a pen-pal he’d made in Australia. “My ambition is to be a famous singer,” he wrote. Decades later that same pen-pal gave him a copy during his first tour of Australia. “I don’t remember at that early age wanting to sing,” he tells The Weekly, “but there it was in black and white. So perhaps I did have that feeling! It wasn’t until I was about 15, I think, when I first heard Elvis that the desire grew into something that really overtook me. And I’m very happy that it did!”

As he releases a DVD version of his recent The Great 80 Tour which was filmed at the Royal Albert Hall, Sir Cliff reflects on his music, his fans, his faith and his dear friend, Olivia.



Extrait :  


You’ve performed duets with some of the most amazing musicians in the world. Is there one who particularly stands out to you?


Olivia Newton-John, because we weren’t just singers, we are friends. Olivia first came over from Australia with her friend, Pat Carroll, and they were my vocal backing group. I was the first to introduce her on TV with her song If Not for You. She came to do one song, and she stayed for eight shows – I couldn’t get rid of her!



How would you describe your friendship with Olivia?


I can only say that our relationship still lasts. When I talk to her on the phone I always hear, “G’day Cliff, how are ya?” and she’s always on an ‘up’. She’s one of the most stalwart people I have ever met because (as we all know) she doesn’t like referring to her cancer as a battle. She says, “I’m just getting rid of something I don’t want.” Her strength is absolutely fantastic and should be an inspiration to anyone who’s sick in any way. I am so happy that she is a very, very close friend, and we love each other.






 

LE PETIT MIX 


IT'SO EASY TO BEGIN revisité par DAVID !!




Aucun commentaire: