lundi 4 septembre 2017

FROM KAY

Louise Lynn Hay (October 8, 1926 – August 30, 2017)



The first time I got in touch with the work of Louise Hay was in 1990, when I’ve watched the movie „Longtime Companion“. There was talk about her book „Creating a positive approach“ in the film, which featured Bruce Davison, who would later appear alongside Olivia Newton-John in the 1995 AIDS Drama „It’s my Party“ by Randal Kleiser.


When Olivia released her GAIA CD in 1994 I stumbled across Hay’s name again in the credits and became interested in her work. I read some articles about her self-healing affirmation program which helped her overcome her own cancer many years ago.

But it was in 1999 when my own hiv-diagnosis reinforced my deeper look in Louise Hay’s books and affirmation CD’s. I was diagnosed March 12 that year and about a month later my oldest friend and mentor from University gave me that book „AIDS – Creating a positive approach“. It meant the world to me and was extremely helpful during my first really big life threatening crisis.


On August 30 this year Louise Hay has left the planet, having reached a proudly age of 91 years !

I am sure ONJ is still inspired by her work and persona and she might use Hay’s affirmations during her recent cancer journey here and there again.


Apart from Olivia, also L. Hay had a big influence on my own healing (especially during my cancer treatment in 2003) and her legacy will continue on many levels. May she rest in peace and keep inspiring us from up above.

Aucun commentaire: