mardi 4 avril 2017

A CHAT WITH


Jaymes Vaughan takes you to the Las Vegas Fame Awards where @olivianj was honored !



.
INTERVIEW



Few artists have had the sort of longevity and popularity that you’ve established. After such a colorful and varied career, what’s the biggest joy you get out of working today?

Well I love to sing and that’s all I know, that’s my career and my life has been singing and performing. You know I love to be with my animals and I love to work with my hospital and doing all of those important things, but singing is my joy and I just love doing that.

You’ve been touring non-stop and doing press for the past few years now, and audiences are clamoring for your next project, so I was curious if you had any upcoming films in the works? We haven’t seen you onscreen since your role in “A Few Best Men” back in 2011!

I can’t say what it is but I’m actually doing a little something with my daughter later this week and I’m sure I’ll be able to talk about it soon. I can’t give the details because I’m not allowed to talk about it yet!

What I find interesting is that most of the audiences are composed of so many different types of people: the adults that grew up with your music and the younger generation that discovered you through Grease. What do you think it is about Grease that people find so timeless and has given it such staying power?

I should ask you that question! People always ask me the question and I honestly don’t know. I just think it boils down to how fantastic the music is. John Farrar and Barry Gibb wrote some amazing new songs and there were already fantastic songs in the original musical. And people kind of relate to these characters and knew someone like that at school! It’s just a typical boy-meets-girl story that’s fun, light, and not heavy. But even for kids it’s not about nostalgia because it’s not like they know the ‘50s, but there’s something very romantic about that time. I think the costumes and the whole aesthetic of that period have such an appeal to so many different people.

Speaking of Grease, next year will be the 40th Anniversary of its release. Are there plans for any sort of reunion or celebration?

I’m sure we’ll do something, but I don’t know what just yet.

I’ve seen you twice now and while I obviously adore every moment of it, the biggest standout was the environmental medley you perform that highlights your charitable endeavors and issues important to you. Why was it important to you to include that segment of the show amongst your pop music and Grease numbers?

The planet and the world that we live in, that’s all we have, and I’ve always been very in touch with nature. After going through breast cancer I wrote an album called Gaia about how I was experiencing the world after going through a health challenge, realizing how fragile everything is, and how it’s all connected. The planet is not separate from us: we’re a part of her and she’s a part of us. “The Dolphin Song” and “Don’t Cut Me Down” are pinpoints and incredibly important parts of my life. When I do my shows I want the audience to know that I have more to my spectrum than pop music. I care so deeply about the planet and the people that inhabit it.

Along with being a musical icon, you’re just as revered for all of your charitable work. You’re a Goodwill Ambassador as well as the founder of the Olivia Newton-John Cancer & Wellness Center.

Yes, it’s in Melbourne, Australia and it’s a huge part of my life. Fundraising is what keeps the wellness program going at the hospital so patients have access to healing when they’re going through cancer treatment to help their mind, body, and spirit, so I feel very fortunate to have played a role in developing something so important.

READ MORE AT http://www.reddirtreport.com/rustys-music/olivia-newton-john%E2%80%99s-still-one-we-want

Aucun commentaire: