lundi 2 mars 2015

The One That You Want

By What's On Staff on March 2, 2015



Last year, Olivia Newton-John made her Las Vegas debut to the delight of her many fans around the world. The revue of her film and music career, appropriately titled Summer Nights, highlights several big hits, including “Physical,” “Xanadu,” “Summer Nights” with John Travolta from the movie Grease and “Have You Never Been Mellow,” among many others. Newton-John’s residency has been extended through at least September, with spring performances beginning March 3. Newton-John shared her thoughts on Summer Nights at the Flamingo and a few of her favorite Las Vegas things.

What’s On: What is your favorite part of your show at the Flamingo?

Olivia Newton-John: I love that I have the opportunity to see my fans from all over the world (they love Vegas) but, my favorite part is that a portion of every ticket sold to the show will benefit the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre in my hometown of Melbourne, Australia.

WO: What is your favorite restaurant ?

N: Oh, gosh, there are so many amazing restaurants! Center Cut at the Flamingo is wonderful and there are so many great places at The Linq and Caesars Palace, it’s hard to choose!

WO: What surprised you about the city?

N: All of the nature that is just minutes from the Strip! My husband and I love taking our dog hiking in Red Rock Canyon—there is so much to do outside beyond the things people expect.

WO: Who is your favorite Strip performer ?

N: That’s really hard, I love Elton and Celine and Rod Stewart. I also love Absinthe. What an amazing show and cast! I was both mesmerized and hysterical with laughter at that show!

WO: What may surprise fans who come to see your show ?

N: I think everyone expects my Vegas show to have all of the glitz and glamour that people expect from the city but, it’s me and my band, in a beautifully designed set and show that is very simple. It’s really about the great songs and a journey through my life through my music!

WO: If you could do a duet with anyone onstage as a surprise guest, who would it be?

N: Gosh, there are so many singers I admire, but Tony Bennett would be a dream come true! And my friends who are appearing in Vegas, like Rod or Elton but, unfortunately, our shows are on at the same time so it will probably not happen!

WO: Why did you decide to do the Las Vegas show ?

N: Sadly, I lost my sister Rona to brain cancer and she loved Las Vegas—we have had so much fun here ! When I found out that Caesars and the Flamingo were going to donate a portion of every ticket sold to my Cancer and Wellness Centre, it gave me even more inspiration to do the show—to help more people going through the cancer journey.

WO: When did you know the show was going to be such a success?

N: I guess when the audience turned up and they were singing along and having a great time! (Laughs). I’m lucky that after all these years I still get to do what I love doing and the fans still show up!

Summer Nights: Olivia Newton-John | March 3-7 & 10-14, 7:30 p.m. | From $70 | Flamingo | 702-777-2782


Olivia Newton-John, de retour à Las Vegas pour 3 petites semaines, est également dans la dernière édition du WHAT'S ON The Las Vegas Guide.
Elle y dévoile quelques adresses de bons restos .. ou si peu .. histoire de ne pas se mettre à dos quelques chefs cuisiniers !

Aucun commentaire: